So a few years ago back in 07'/08' I decided to put an end to the relaxers that I had been receiving since the age of five. While working for the Walt Disney World Co. (I know it sounds fun but...yea that a story for another day!!) I began my transition because I was tired of the burns, the constant irritation of my scalp caused by the chemicals and stylists who like to half do a relaxer. Now I'm not at all bashing the use of relaxers but, I just decided it wasn't for me anymore. Well in May of 2008 I did my first BC!!! I must say it was extremely hard for me when I returned home from my internship. Now you may ask why, well I will definitely tell you. Number one, I had noooooo idea how much of a mental transition I had to make. I mean it's a totally different ball game out there when it comes to learning your hair all over again and I made a horrible mistake by going back after a whole year of being fully natural...... Fast forward three years and I am in the same boat again (8 months transitioned, BC March 2011, 7 months post)! Why you may ask ?? Well because I really didn't have that support system that is out there now. I mean in just a few years time natural hair blogs, websites, and videos have increased and I must say thank you, thank you to all of them!! I have made up in my mind that no matter what someone else thinks whether its family, friends, and whoever else I am sticking to my natural hair because this is who I am! Just for the record it has come easier this time around because "if at first you don't succeed...") well you know the rest! LOL
(First time I went natural)
(First time I went natural)
No comments:
Post a Comment